Monday, June 1, 2009

Weekend Extravaganza!

Spring Break 09'went off without a hitch! "Spring Break" is what we called our girls trip this weekend since none of us get a Spring Break anymore. Although it should have been called Summer Break now that I think about it.. Ok, this blog is not going well. Let's get to the point. Destination = Atlanta, GA at Taylor R. Bashta's house.

I spent a very fun weekend with 4 friends from college/AOPi that I never ever get to see. We all live in separate cities (except me and Carrie). If you remember my Fairhope and Memphis blogs you would see that we have been reuniting for a little over a year and the crowd has been relatively the same, minus Emily. She could not participate for reasons I will let her tell you about if you would like to know. Carrie and I arrived on Thursday and had a lovely dinner with Taylor. We proceeded to talk until 3:00 am. What? I dont remember the last time I saw 3:00am. Friday we went to the pool and waited for Caroline to arrive. Then we went to the airport to pick up Susan. From there we went to eat a late dinner at the "Flying Biscuit". Friday night we stayed up talking until 5:00 am. EVEN MORE REALLY??

Saturday we went to see Jersey Boys at the Fox Theatre! We all loved it. It has some languange you should be aware of before you see it, but if you can get past that you will love it. Especially if you loved Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Later we went to IKEA for what felt like hours, but I had never been so that was fun. We had a lovely dinner at Brio Saturday night also. We finished up the weekend with church at Taylor's church since her talented husband leads the worship service. Very nice. We enjoyed meeting Jerry dog and seeing her loft as well.

I love weekends of catching up. I love that there are some friends that you can go forever without seeing and just pick up where you left off. With the world of Facebook, e-mail and blogs its not that hard to keep up, but its those indepth conversations that you miss. Next reunion: Tuscaloosa, AL most likely during football season.

2 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

I am so flipping sad I missed all the fun.

I am not sad that I missed 5 a.m., as I am pretty sure I haven't seen that hour since our trips to Troy freshman/sophomore year.

p.s. where are pictures?

lindseykennedy said...

Yeah, of course I was the only one without a camera so you will have to see pics on their blogs. Sorry Charlie! Yeah, you would have opted out of the chatting I'm sure.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14