Monday, June 21, 2010

8 months & Fathers Day!

Happy 8 months Baker!

My baby getting another month older is bittersweet. Of course I want him to get bigger and thrive but such a huge part of me is sad when I retire an outfit of his that he has grown out of or put away his bouncy seat b/c he certainly will not stay in it. He is very close to even growing out of his exersaucer. He barely wants to play in there anymore. I can't even believe it. Now all he is interested in is pulling up on anything and everything.

Baker is still a very good baby but has recently become very opinionated. He will not stay still at all for a diaper change or a clothes change. I even give him a toy to play with on the changing table and that works for about 15 seconds and then he wants to get away.

"Baker I don't want you to wiggle off the bed, now"
"Hey Mommy, I got this"



I am amazed at how long he will watch TV. We really only let him watch TV in the mornings when I need him to be distracted while I get ready.



Fun Facts:
Weight: 16 lbs (approximately)
Teeth: 2
Tricks: Standing, pulling up, crawling, talking ("inkta patatie"..it means something to him)
Sleep schedule: bed at 7:30 and up at 6:00 am
Table food: We are beginning this now. He has had bananas mainly. We are about to do puffs and some other soft table foods.
Sippy cup: Still not professional at this, but likes to chew on the spout

He holds his own bottle now which I also get sad about.

He started crawling on Thursday..like a crab...with only 1 leg. But HEY, as long as he gets to his intended destination I won't judge him. Its really very hilarious.

One huge plus about my job at Calvary is that Baker goes to daycare here. So, I bring him up to my desk each day to play. Sometimes we go to the playroom and play instead.



and enjoying a cell phone snack...



Another good snack is a footboard!


We went to Dothan this weekend for Father's Day. Its always a fun time. My friends Kristen & April came over to see Baker & play. Kristen brough Karas & Hayes was there too. I can't believe I didn't get any pictures of this.

Loves his daddy


My sister-in-law Amy had a birthday on Saturday. So we celebrated on Saturday night. Amy is a sweet, funny and wonderful SIL. She is also an excellent mother to Hayesie Daisy. We are blessed to have her!



On Sunday Amy & I made a special Father's Day breakfast and then my mom cooked a delicious lunch. My uncle Hank and aunt Regina came over to eat. They love the babies!




With Grandaddy for Father's Day!


However, when Regina was holding Baker, he made this expression the entire time. Like she had 5 heads.



Bug Man, if you get any bigger I don't know what I am going to do. Love you big boy!
Oh, I didn't mention that his phrase of choice is now "da da". He completely abandoned "Buh buh". I hope you all had a great Father's Day!

2 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

I love that pic of Baker looking crazy at Regina-hilarious!! We had a great time last weekend!! Thanks for all my b'day gifts-love everything. Happy 8 months Bake Bake, we love you!!

Horne Happenings said...

Lindsey~ He looks just like he is saying "I got this" So funny! He is getting cuter and cuter!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14