Monday, June 28, 2010

B&T reunite

We had a nice weekend. I went to a Spa Party at a new friend's house and had a lot of fun. I have to admit that when I moved from Birmingham (town of many friends) to Tuscaloosa (town of zero friends- no, 1. Sorry Carrie) I have had a hard time getting to know people my age. I've discovered that trying to make friends at 29 is alot harder than it used to be. Anyway, point I am making is that Tricia goes to my church and helps out here too and she invited me over so I was excited. Whew, that was a long explanation. She had a girl bring her massage chair, she did facials, satin hands and had delicious food. Bonus* She gave me an enormous sack of clothes her boys had grown out of. Score!

Saturday was a day that I have been waiting for for a while. NEW FURNITURE DAY! Brent has had the same furniture since the dawn of time. Amy & Nathan gave us their couch which helped but our cats have destroyed everything in there basically and it was time. How we are going to keep the cats from destroying the new furniture I don't know.
Baker has become increasing mobile in the last week or so. I have been putting him on the floor to play and keeping an eye out while I am in the kitchen or something. This is what I found on Saturday.



And this



Sunday, I had Meg, Katie & Thomas over for a pool party. Thomas was loving his cheese puffs.


And Baker was working the camera as usual


And then the boys had some storytime. (We are going to have to work on sharing)


Baker is not so sure about sharing his crawl space with the cats.


4th of July is coming up and its honestly one of my favorite holidays. I have always loved the 4th. My family is coming to us this year which will be a lot of fun.

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the one where it looks like he's doing a push up on the table - that's impressive! I love watching them explore - its so funny to see what interests them.

Amy Kennedy said...

Cute pictures! Baker is into everything! what kind of furniture did you get? That's so exciting-can't wait to see it and y'all next weekend!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14