Monday, September 27, 2010

AUsome!!

We could not have picked a better game to attend in Jordan Hare Stadium this season. There must be something about being there that makes me feel optimistic about the game as opposed to my usual gameday pessimism. See, here is my logic: If I go into it with pessimism, I will not be disappointed regardless of the turnout (well, still disappointed, but at least expecting it) That way its not such a blow.

South Carolina was the favorite going into this game which is how I like it. I also prefer games like this that don't have a ton of hype. The Clemson game was hyped to the max and you see what happened there. Anyway, I think for the viewers at home, Auburn fans were having another heart attack. I was feeling VERY confident the entire time which is SO unlike me.

It was such a back-and-forth game which is really what makes them fun. Stressful, but very fun! What a great surprise for Auburn to pull out a victory! It was worth every penny. My husband was even supportive throughout the whole game. I was nervous he would just sit there. He did draw the line at wearing anything remotely Auburn looking. Thats fine.



The feeling of being in that stadium on gameday is euphoric to me. I just love everything about it. The sea of orange and blue, tons of shakers, Aubie, the smoke and fireworks that do for the team to run out. The jumbotron of multiple highlight videos, the band ect...

I even got to see Lenzie & Susan/Mike after the game! Susan let me know that the players walk by their tailgate after the game at different times so I got to see several of them walk by. The funniest part is that Cam Newton doesnt walk, he rides his scooter. This cracks me up. I know the picture is blurry, but you get the point.
Sidenote: People bake the players cake and hand it to them as they walk by. Random.



It was great fun! Baker got to hang out with his Aunt Barbara and Uncle Rick and had a great time.

2 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

Lindsey! What a FUN weekend. I'm so glad y'all got to go to the game-and yea Brent for being such a good sport. Hilarious picture of Cam newton on his scooter-and they hand them cake? never heard of that! Love the weekend pics!

Jeanna said...

I totally agree, Lindsey. There is no feeling like being there! It gets better every time for me! Can't wait to have a kid to take there someday!!!! (I mean, we'll probably wait until he/she is 5, but I can't wait.) And I am so jealous you saw Cam om his scooter. I just think that is so funny that he loves his scooter:)

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14