Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Easter is one of my very favorite times of the year. Especially going to Dothan every year. My mom makes a big deal of all holidays and Easter is no exception. My boss let us leave after our noon Good Friday service. When I told Baker we were going to see Shug & Grandaddy, he was READY!




B LOVES going to new places. I think he gets bored with being at home. He was this happy all weekend. Mom parents pantry was the.place.to.be.







We made another attempt at practicing the egg hunting, but climbing the stairs was way more fun.






We set some records this weekend, also. Since the dawn of time, Baker has gone to bed at 7:30 and woken up at 6:00. RARELY does he sleep past 6:00 but if he does, its maybe 6:10. However, on Easter Sunday when we actually needed the extra time, he woke up at...drum roll please.....8:15. I tell you, this has never, ever, ever come close to happening. I guess he played too hard at his grandparents house.
Sweet Grandparents






My cute boys!




The Easter bunny brought some fun stuff, like this tunnel!
Is it terrible that the E bunny put zero candy in his basket? I never thought I would be the mom that deprives their child of sugar and desserts, but I kind of do. I don't think Baker has ever had a piece of candy in his life. I guess I just feel like he doesnt know what he is missing, so why hype him up? He's hyper enough.




We had a great lunch with family and friends at my parents house. Baker loves his Honey, Uncle Hank, Aunt Regina, Cousin Scott and Aunt Beth! I'm so glad we got to celebrate together. We missed Nathan, Amy, Hayes & Watson though!



A fun addition to this trip was getting to bring home 8 new outfits that my mom made! *See shirt and matching shorts below*. She made with her own two hands, 8 precious shorts and had someone make the matching appliqued or monogrammed shirt.


Excited is an understatement!



Another fun addition to the weekend was getting to see lifelong friend, Mandy. We never get to see each other and I saw her twice!


Sidenote- if you havent watched Carrie Underwood and Vince Gill singing "How Great Thou Art", its a must see. It was on a special that came on Friday night and I just happened to catch it. Chills.


He is risen, indeed!

3 comments:

Amy Kennedy said...

Sweet pictures! I CANNOT believe he slept until 8:15-go Bake Bake! We missed y'all and I heard you won the egg hunt-whoo hoo. We are looking forward to next weekend. Hayes has some new toys to share. She will be over the moon excited when I tell her you'll be here all weekend!

Jessica said...

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time in D-Town! I heard Carrie Underwood's version of that song earlier today and it totally brought me to tears.

Beth said...

Great Pictures! I'm so glad we got to sit togehter at FBC, just like old times! Baker man was too cute in his Easter outfit as did his momma! Hope to see you soon!

PS loved Carrie Underwood. I saw it Friday too.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14