Thursday, June 2, 2011

5th Annual Girls Weekend

I love that we still do this.


Taylor, Emily, Susan, Carrie, Me, and usually Caroline, have gotten together after college for the past 5 years to reunite and just hang out. Its great. We all live in separate towns (except Carrie and I who both live in Tuscaloosa which is so odd to me)


Stupid Caroline went and got a job in San Diego, CA and had to miss this year. Boo on good jobs and following your dreams...whatever Caroline.


So, we kicked off the weekend with dinner at "5" which is a fun, artsyish atmosphere downtown. I attempted to capture a picture of the table. Oh well.


Here we found out some extra special news that is not mine to share, so I will leave it at that.

Susan arrived later and we stayed up talking and having wine until about 2:00 am. The late nights bring me back to the college days when my bedtime was never before 1:00 on any given night.
Saturday, I made breakfast (thanks to a recipe via Amy via Plain Chicken) and then we got pedictures and toured the tornado damage.



This is a mild picture of what so many curbs look like in town.For the afternoon, we laid out at our pool and swam. Then we got ready for a cook-out at Carrie's house. Good food, good drinks, good conversation.
Suzie here is an amazing photographer in Dallas. (this is my dumb camera picture, not hers) She so kindly took a few of Baker on Sunday morning and I can't wait to get them back. That will be a separate post.


Sunday we had a lovely little brunch at Chuck's Fish. I was brave and ordered "outside the box". This is Chicken & Waffles with a side of bacon ice-cream. Yes, you heard the correctly.


It was delicious.


After the girls left on Sunday, I took Susan to Birmingham with Baker Man in tow. We met Katie & Thomas at the zoo! I will save this for another post as well.

1 comment:

Amy Kennedy said...

Hey! I love this post. I couldn't wait to hear all about the fun weekend. So fun that y'all still do this every year-good memories. I'm curious about the good news??? Happy for whoever's it is!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14