Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Monkey Handshaker


Lenz, I saw your post for the National Peanut Festival and wanted to follow-up with my favorite part..The Monkey, Leroy, who would shake your hand for a quarter. If you wanted to give him $1, he would give you an autographed picture of himself. If you want your picture made with him, it was $5. Nothing would have made me happier than to get a picture made with him, but since the others were ages 3-5 I felt stupid. I I think I was more excited about this tiny monkey than any child at the fair (including Carly and Zoe, who were very excited) Leroy comes complete with tiny monkey outfit and chain around his neck. (sad, yes). I have included a picture b/c he is so dang cute.

3 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

I didn't know the monkey's name was Leroy! This is the first year in my whole life that I did not make it to the fest. Boo hoo.

Anonymous said...

I just have one question...which will explain why I steered clear of that little guy.
Do you know where his hand was before you shook it? I mean, don't monkeys usually throw poo?

lindseykennedy said...

Good question, but I though that was only the big gorillas..he had on an outfit so I feel as if he is more distinguished than normal monkeys. His hands were surprisingly soft. Like 5 times softer than mine. I felt embarrassed that he might have thought I needed some lotion. ALso, there were PURELL stations you could disinfect after. I did that. No worries Lenz.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14