Tuesday, November 27, 2007

There is nothing wrong with me...

Ok, so I was looking through the blogs I've written and I just dont find them interesting....So, I thought I'd write one with a little more insight or at least something that wasn't what I'VE been doing, but something to ponder. First off, Thanks to Kristen for showing me a website to go to everyday with a daily devotional to read. It keeps me focused b/c I will be the first to admit that I get distracted from God at times. Its called "Girlfriends in God" and I read it everyday in downtime at work. http://www.crosswalk.com/devotionals/girlfriends/ So, after reading several uplifting blogs over and over I find myself comparing my life with the lives of total strangers. It wasn't enough that I did this while everyone was getting married and I wondered when I would get married, but now I read about kids, dogs, houses, furniture, families and constantly compare what is going on in their lives, with what is going on in mine. Today's truth on the devotional is:“The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance but the LORD looks at the heart." 1 Samuel 16:7 NIV So, I know everyone translates scripture differently and perhaps this might change from day to day. I took from this today that I am where I am supposed to be whether this was my original plan or not. Once I let go of this "why I am here and everyone else is there" attitude, I will be able to see what I'm supposed to see in my own life...which is alot of happiness!!

4 comments:

Emily Chappell said...

Very insightful and very true. I love you!

Betsy said...

I fall into this same trap, Lins - thanks for the reality check. Love you! I'm glad you had such a great Thanksgiving and Birthday. And yes, Brent is very very sweet!

Ashley Turnbull said...

Lindsey! Just a shout-out to let you know that I have found your blog and am going to enjoy keeping up with you! And...great post! I feel the same way - it does us no good to compare ourselves to others. We are who were are and we are made in the image of God for good purpose. Stand strong in that! Congrats on getting engaged...

meg said...

i meant to tell you the other day that this hit home...thanks for writing it.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14