Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentine's Day..just a little late

I know that this is a week late, but I just realized I never blogged about our first married Valentine's Day and it was too good not to mention.

It started for both of us about 2 weeks ago when we decided not to give each other V-day gifts, but buy this awesome steam dryer that is supposed to "change your life" with drying clothes. Basically, you dont' have to iron anymore! Hallelujah!

Well, B is too sweet not to do anything at all, so on Friday, I recieve a dozen red roses at work from Brent wishing me a Happy First Married Valentine's Day. He's so sweet. Friday night, we went to see Slumdog Millionaire by several people's recommendations. I have to say, although the movie is good and very well made, it made me too sad. I felt the same way about "Pursuit of Happiness". When the characters struggle (hard) the whole way through the movie, I cannot enjoy it. Sorry.

On Saturday morning, I got up and made a special breakfast of muffins and sausage. They were the cinnamon streussal muffins that have the sugarey stuff on the top. I LOVE THEM!

We spent the rest of the day just laying around, being lazy and playing. That night we went to our favorite restaurant, Cypress Inn. We had a nice gift certificate so the whole night was FREE! Excellent! Then we stopped by the Globe (another restaurant) to see if any friends were there..They were. We got to see Bill and Ava & Carrie and Adam on their V-day dates. Good times all around!

I love my Valentine!

3 comments:

meredith said...

I love the Globe! We went there when I graduated from Alabama. I need to come see y'all!

~Meredith

Carrie said...

I would eat their brie and bread all day everyday! So good! We enjoyed running it to you!

lindseykennedy said...

Yes, come visit! We ate at the Globe this weekend in fact. I love it.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14