Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Weekend?

I say this as a question to mean, "Was this really my weekend?"



On Friday around noon when I got off work I started feeling sick. I immediately got in bed and stayed until that night when Glenn/Beth crew came back through town. I did feel better enough to at least hang out with them for a while. Saturday turned very ugly, very fast. Turns out I just felt so nauseated. I realized I probably had a stomach virus. So, that never quit for the rest of the weekend. Lovely way to spend it I tell you.

We had our friend, Shawn, coming in town Saturday/Sunday to help Brent with some handyman projects around our house (which is officially on the market, btw in case anyone wants to buy it). So, if Brent is working and I am sick, who takes care of Baker? Well, that was the trouble. We ended up hiring a babysitter to play with Baker Sunday even though we were both at home. Uggh.
So, with that re-cap, we somehow managed to get a family picture. I mustered up some energy to get dressed to bring Shawn to dinner Sat. night.
Favorite part of this picture is Bake's fake smile. At least he knows now to look at the camera.

I have to give Baker props though- He was an angel all weekend. I guess he knew we really needed him to be. He was just sweet and content and funny. His new thing is to say "Come on Mommy" as he leads me to a new room. Its really cute since he uses it in the right context.


Our favorite summer treat has been these little gems that they sell at Dollar General. Did I mention we live walking distance from a Dollar General? You think that sounds like an eye sore, but man, its oh so convenient.


At first sight you think they will be just like the popsicles from the skating rink, but then you realize they are so.much.better. Baker is obessed with them. Whenever we open the freezer he says "popsicle?" and we take it on the back porch and swing while we eat them....then I might sing a song I made up called "Baker and Mommy Swinging" but thats embarrasing so I won't go there.


Thursday, Brent and I are headed to Seaside for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary!! I can't wait. We are dropping Baker Man off in Dothan to stay with Shug and Daggy. He will have fun and so will we!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Are you feeling better or still sick!? :) Might not be a stomach bug :) We are going to the beach this weekend too! Staying near Seaside in Watersound. Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Amy Kennedy said...

That's what I was thinking too, Carrie! ???? Lindsey? Glad you are feeling better. Enjoy your beach trip! Wish we could come with you!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14