Friday, July 29, 2011

Cinnamon Blondies



Oh.my.goodness.

I found this recipe on Plain Chicken, although it just popped up on the side and immediately sparked my interest because I love all things cinnamon. Pretty obsessed with cinnamon actually. And who doenst love a blondie? Applebees anyone? Anyway, I decided to make some for us and for Baker's teachers as part of their end-of-the-year present. Well, I died, they were so good. The only disappointing part is that you use an 8 X8 pan and that just doesnt make much. I was so sad that I had to give some to his teachers.

These were pretty easy to make and I already had most of the ingredients in my pantry. I love when that happens.


Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour¼ teaspoon salt2 teaspoons cinnamon1 stick unsalted butter1 ½ cups light brown sugar1 large egg plus one egg yolk, room temperature1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment and grease the parchment.
Sift the flour, salt and cinnamon together and set aside. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan until the sugar has dissolved. Cook one more minute until the mixture bubbles, but doesn’t boil. Set aside to cool – approximately 10 minutes. Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla to the brown sugar mixture and blend. Pour sugar and egg mixture over flour and stir until just blended.
Pour batter into the pan. Bake for 25 – 35 minutes until the center is springy; do not over bake. When it has cooled slightly, run a knife around the edges to loosen and invert onto a cooling rack. Carefully peel off the parchment. Let cool completely, then cut into small squares.



If you even think this sounds good, you wont be disappointed. YUM.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14