Wednesday, July 6, 2011

4th of July

I love love love the 4th of July. This year did not disappoint. Although, I have been out of blog commission for 2 weeks due to Theatre Camp. During those 2 weeks we had company, I taught dance at camp from 8-12, then to my real job from 12-5, then Baker duty, then cook dinner, prepare for the next day and repeat! It.was.exhausting. We ended camp on Friday and jumped right into an action packed 4th of July weekend.


I am ashamed to say I basically took 3 pictures all weekend which is awful. We had so much fun, I think I just forgot.


My family came to our house again this year which was great. We grilled, swam, played with babies, and just had fun together. I hope this can remain a tradition!


These two have become besties. Its blurry of Hayes b/c she would not stop jumping. It makes me happy to see them playing well.

Sunday night, Glenn, Beth, Izabelle and Kelsey came over for the rest of the weekend. We got up on Monday and swam again with them. Baker and "E-belle" had fun running around in circles. I would love to sit with a camera on Izabelle just to capture some of the hilarious things she says as well as the facial expressions to go with them. Classic.


Brent, Baker and I had a 4th party to go to that afternoon so we packed up our life to go over there for a little while. Great food and friends there too. I wish I had at least one picture of that. We swam in their pool until the lighting started back. Baker came 2 inches from his first sip of a margarita. Sorry Lisa!


Then, we came back home and got ready to go to dinner with the Glenn/Beth crew. I think B was past the point of tired because he acted the fool at dinner. I had to take him out. This was right before his tantrum when I asked him to "smile".

This was an event that reminded me why we always stick to a schedule. If he goes past his point, we are all miserable. Kids don't undestand "staying up late" for a special occasion.

The picture above was just a moment I caught Baker in a "pose" and I had to take a pic. I'm sure this will be embarrassing one day.


Glenn's crew will be back this weekend and hopefully I will take more pics!


On another note, I haven't been diligent about updating Bake's newest tricks and catch phrases. I will take this time to document them.


-He has started saying "Mommy Look" or "Daddy Look" or "Kitty Look" when he thinks he is doing something funny.

-"Have it" "Hold you" "Do it" are all common phrases in our house

-If something happens to him that we don't see, he runs to us and says "HAPPENED!" and points to whatever it was.

-He loves to tickle people and lately will tickle inanimate objects and say "Tickle computer" or "Tickle the water"

- He counts 1,2,3, like this "Wuh, Two, Fee!" and its the cutest thing ever.

- He has started "reading" his books to us at night instead of other way around. My newest goal is to catch this on video. He knows certain words from that page and will jabber, say the one word, jabbers more and turn the page. Cute overload is what it is.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14