Thursday, September 22, 2011

25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

I am excited to share that I will get to be onstage again in this super fun, hilarious musical with Theatre Tuscaloosa!






First let me tell you how this came to be. Brent has been trying to encourage me to audition for a show in town since I moved here 3 years ago. Once I had Baker I knew it would be a while before I was on stage again and that was fine with me. He strongly believes in keeping your own identity even though you have children. Its just hard for me because I hate guilt more than anything in the world. So, I just don't want to feel guilt every night when I leave for rehearsals.


With that being said, I decided I would only audition for a show if one came around that I really really really wanted to do. Well, that show came around. I was only right for 1 part. ONE part. So, I knew it was a slim chance anyway but I went for it.


So, I will be playing Logainne Schwartzandgrubinierre (yes) aka "Schwartzy". She is awkward, has a lisp, and wears high braided pigtails.


The show opens Nov. 13 and the cast is excellent. We start rehearsals Monday. I am very excited about this for several reasons.


For those of you worried about Baker, he goes to bed at 7:30 and rehearsal start at 7:00. (Honestly, I am reiterating this point to make myself feel less guilty).


Come see me debut my lisp!



Here is a description of the show:


THE 25TH ANNUAL PUTNAM COUNTY SPELLING BEE is a hilarious tale of overachievers' angst chronicling the experience of six adolescent outsiders vying for the spelling championship of a lifetime. The show's Tony Award winning creative team has created the unlikeliest of hit musicals about the unlikeliest of heroes: a quirky yet charming cast of outsiders for whom a spelling bee is the one place where they can stand out and fit in at the same time.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Awesome Lindsey! I hope to be there to see it!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14