Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Wow

"Wow" is all I have to say to summarize my gameday feelings.
I am equal parts happy/relieved/impressed and sad/ disappointed and scared for the rest of the season.
If you saw the Auburn v. Utah State game I'm sure you felt the same way. Of course Auburn has not been predicted to be very good this year (which is exactly how I like for it to be- fly under the radar) so that didn't bother me, but I have never seen us have to fight so hard to win our season opener. I had accepted our "loss" after Utah State's last touchdown. I just prepared myself for a long season and tried to come to grips with "there's always next year", but then a miracle happened. I am so impressed with the comeback and unwillingness to give up. That speaks volumes to me. A win is a win is a win! I know coming into this season as the reigning national champs is not easy. I can't imagine the pressure they were under going into this season.

As I mentioned in my last post, the deal was that if Baker wore his Bama jersey to school, then he wore Auburn on gameday. And he wore it proud, I might add.
I took this picture myself (obviously) right after the game and just told Baker to smile. I wasn't expecting this hilarious expression when I looked at the picture. What in the world?
And a little less enthusiastic...

The rest of the weekend was low-key, but fun. I really enjoyed the overcast weather. It was a nice change of pace from the sweltering heat. Saturday after the games we spent a LONG time in the pool. I love it when Baker will play and play and not try to get out after 10 minutes.


We have done aLOT of this all summer. Sitting in the swing, eating popsicles. Boy can put away some popsicles. I think he would eat them for breakfast lunch and dinner if we let him.


Yesterday rained hard the entire day so we blew up the bouncey house and put it in the garage. Again, I was SO glad Bake lasted more than 10 minutes. I think he had to do with it being cool and not sunny. I prefer not to play in the sun as well.


We went to church, Barnes and Noble, TCBY and did various other activities throughout the weekend, but it was nice to be at home with pretty much no plans.


And last, we had a "first" over the weekend. Baker tee-teed in the potty! I have not been rushing into potty training at all. I don't feel strongly about him hurrying to the potty and losing the diapers. So anyway, we have mainly just been talking to him about it to get him excited about going one day. In fact, we just bought a potty seat yesterday. He begged us to go "tee-tee" in the potty even though I knew he didnt really have to go. So, it was time for dinner and I was finishing that up while Brent let him try on his new seat. Lo and Behold, after some waiting, he tee -teed in the potty! It was glorious! We cheered and cheered and he was confused, but excited. Zoe was by far the most excited though! I don't think we are quite ready to go full out pull-ups, but its a start.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14