Thursday, September 8, 2011

Burlap

First let me make you aware of my new obsessions: Pinterest & Burlap.


I'm not sure why I was a late comer on the Pinterest train, but I am on board now. If you havent browsed around Pinterest, let me urge you to do so now.


Now, be warned you will probably feel less creative, like your house is ugly, and that you don't make enough fun meals, but it is sure to give you new ideas.



Ideas that I have had to form a spreadsheet for since there are so many I would like to try. So far, I have only tried some of the recipes- I am 3 for 4 on success rate with Pinterest recipes. I told you about Smores Cookies-those came from Pinterest, I also made Nutella cookies. They were not my favorite. They were easy, but just not that great to me. Fail. I posted about the Cinnamon Blondies- total success...



Last night, I made Chicken Cheesy Lasagna and it was a huge success. SO good.

I will be eating these leftovers today.


Now, there are several "crafy" things to do from Pinterest and honestly, my mind explodes when I see all of them. I am really not crafty, don't claim to be. Its just not my thing. However, Pinterest is really encouraging me to be more crafty. I was going to post about the many things I want to attempt, but then it would spoil the fun of me actually doing them. I will give you a hint though:


I've had my eye on this guy for a while now. Mainly because I love the burlap background and the project as a whole seems easy enough. In fact, ALL of the burlap ideas call out to me. I have a fall burlap project I WILL be doing. I just love it. More on that if I accomplish this anytime soon.
I also think these are cute:





Burlap Halloween pillows


The blog world these days is all about crafts and recipes and outdoing each other with the better ideas. I am fine with simply stealing said ideas (as long as they are easy and not very time consuming or expensive) So, hopefully I will be posting many completed projects/recipes from here on out.

2 comments:

April said...

Hey Linz!! Love your sweet blog:) I just tried my hand at the whole blogging thing a few months ago..not very consistent but I LOVE it! Anyway just wanted to say hello and thanks for the pinterest advice..I will be checkin' it out and stalking down that lasagna..it's callin' my name:) Also I ADORE burlap! The curtains I made..or bought and watched Js mom make for me..are burlap and I have lots of burlap trim throw pillows! Love it:)

Jessica said...

I made the lasagna based on your endorsement of it and loved it! I'm glad you brought into my life...and so is Josh, and my sister, and the friends we shared it with!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14