Monday, September 19, 2011

Weekend

We had a lovely weekend. My parents decided to come for a night on Saturday and although it was a short visit, it was lots of fun.

First, I found Baker like this, watching TV Friday night.



We watched football and went to the playground, ordered wings, and just had fun visiting with them.

Sunday after they left, we went to church and played in our bouncey house.


Now for a recipe you HAVE to try.

In keeping with my cookie kick, I decided to try a new recipe that was calling my name. Oreo Pudding cookies. So, so so good.



Oreo Pudding Cookies
Source: Sweet Treats And More
1 cup butter, room temperature

3/4 cup brown sugar

1/4 cup white sugar

1 (4.2 ounce) package instant Oreo Pudding mix

2 1/4 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

2 eggs

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon salt

2 Hershey's Cookies N Cream Candy Bars broken into small pieces (I used 2.6 ounce King Sized bars)

2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips ( I only used 1 cup and it worked well for me)


Note: I found Oreo Pudding mix at my grocery store but I also saw it at our Walmart and Target.Directions:Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Cream together butter and sugars. Beat in pudding mix until blended. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour mixture and mix to combine. Stir in cookies n' cream pieces and chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.Using a cookie dough scooper, place golf ball sized dough balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 minutes. You do not want to overbake these! Let cookies cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack. Store in air-tight container. Makes two dozen.


Last, after bidding and losing and bidding and losing on nice cameras, I finally got a nice camera! My friend Katie sold me her Nikon and I can't wait to get started taking great pictures.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Congrats on the new camera! That precious little face (and the rest of you) needs to be captured with high quality equipment!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14