Monday, February 20, 2012

A story of Toms...

I am THAT person who first saw TOMS and thought they were so ugly and they were such a fad and that college girls everywhere would look back on and say "wow, those shoes are awful! why did we ever wear them?". However, I fully admit to crossing over to the dark side. ESPECIALLY Tiny Toms for toddlers. I debated for a while and decided Baker needed these:

I folded under the evil marketing pressures that these Tiny Toms posses. I love them.

With that being said, I decided to try them out on him this weekend. Wouldn't you know, Baker resisted these tiny shoes as if they were made of knives and poison. I have no idea why. He kicked so hard, but I forced them on him. Once they were on he said "I don't like them. They are uncumfable". What? How does he even know to say that? He has never said anything was uncomfortable in his life. Just so you know, the inside of these are made of some sort of soft, cushy heaven material. They are also a little big on him so I know they aren't tight.

In other Baker cuteness- Over the weekend, Licorice scratched him twice and he was very offended. He said Licorice needed to go to time out. So, to humor him, we put Licorice in time-out. His face lit up like a Christmas tree. He was so happy to finally have someone else in the house have to go there. Sadly we forgot about him and about an hour later Baker said, "Licorice is in time-out". WHOOPS. We let him out and Baker followed him around saying "Scratch me Licorice, scratch me" just so he would have to go back in time out.

Another new development has been his cute way of transitioning from sentences like "Play toys Mommy" to "Do you wanna play with Tata Head, Mommy?" and if I ask him the same he will say "Yes, I do" or "OH YEAHHHHH". This probably doesn't translate on just how sweet it is, but trust me, it made my weekend.

He continues to serenade us with songs he has written and phrases we did not teach him. Watching a toddler grow and change is the most fun ever. Period.

No comments:

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14