Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Biggest Losers

So, Brent and I are in a weight loss competition with ourselves. We both have set goals for ourselves and if we reach them, we are going to NYC for our 1 year Anniversary! I can't think of a better incentive for me to lose it. I started on Monday and I have been very disciplined. I am doing weight watchers again because it just works best for me. I am not one to cut-out something completely. I have tried to drink less soft drinks and more water which I know will help. If we do not reach our goals, we cannot go. So, we have until May 1st to make it happen. That is ample time to lose it, but keeping it off will be a challenge as well. My goal is to lose MORE and have some room to work with. Wish us luck! Here is a view of the prize.

5 comments:

meg said...

thats so fun! great idea!

Can I be the one on May 1st to say, "Brent and Lindsey, you Are the Biggest Losers!"?

kind of like the time that we played trading spaces and you came in and pretended to cry??

lindseykennedy said...

Ok, but you have to make us stand on a GINORMOUS scale and play dramatic music until my weight appears. I will also need to wear a sports bra ONLY and some bad shorts.

"Start spreadin the news..."

Carrie said...

What a great incentive! If you need to walk or something sometime call me!

Kristin said...

I love it!!!!! What a FABULOUS idea! I hope you get to take a bite out of the big apple! hahaha!!!

Emily Chappell said...

I think this is a fabulous idea. A real goal. Impressive.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14