Monday, January 26, 2009

She is here!!

Baby Hayes is finally here in the world! She weighed 7 pounds 4 oz. and has a head full of brown hair. I can't tell you how excited I am!!

To say this weekend was a whirlwind would be an understatement. We started "Annie" auditions on Thursday night. Of course, it was a late night because 86 kids showed up. Keep in mind that is 86 kids to teach a dance to. Friday night, we had 100 more show up!!! So, a total of 186 kids auditioned for Annie and MOST had major disappointments. Its hard to reject a child, but in the theatre you just can't get every part you want in every show. So, we were up to 3:30 am decided who to call back, and I was very anxious to get some sleep.

At 9:00 I get a call from Dad saying Amy is in labor! What? Wait, she is not due for another 2 1/2 weeks! At any rate, I was supposed to be at the callbacks at 4:00, but I certainly wasnt going to miss the birth of my first niece. So, I got up and headed to Birmingham. She pushed for 2 hours and had her around 3:20 on Saturday. I got to see her and be apart of the day's excitment. I was a bag of emotions all day.

I ended up leaving in time to make the tail end of call-backs and the rest of casting. The drama associated with casting was almost too much for Brent. He just hates hurting feelings and getting calls from parents wondering why their child wasnt cast. It really is a very hard thing.

I went back to Birmingham on Sunday to see Hayes (with Brent, Carly and Zoe) and we got to hold her this time. She was pretty alert and smiled some. She is just too beautiful for words. I love her so much already and I am elated to be an aunt!!

Here are the best three pictures I could get on my phone. There will be plenty more to come I am sure!



3 comments:

meg said...

oh miss hayes!

She's beautiful, auntie lulu.

Anonymous said...

She's precious! You're gonna be the funnest aunt!

Carrie said...

She is beautiful!! What a cute face!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14