Friday, January 2, 2009

A new year...

Dear Brent,
Thank you for loving me just how I am. However, because of this, I have no real resolutions this year.

I can't decide if I am just lazy, lack confidence that I will keep those resolutions, or am just loved and made to feel ok the way I am so I got nothing. At any rate, I am not perfect and I NEED to make/set some goals. Of course I always go with your standard "LOSE WEIGHT" and "BE HEALTHY" but in years past I have had so much motivation to actually do it. This year, I want to lose weight, but Im not finding that motivation...anywhere...not even the rising scale.

Let's think. I definately would like to pray more often, drink less diet coke and more water, go to the gym at least 3 times a week, have a better attitude and give more to charitable organizations. Will I do this? I hope so, but Im not feeling that tug to make resolutions like I normally have in the past. Brent, this is your fault.

Love,
Content with my flaws

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, this literally brought tears to my eyes. Precious.

Carrie said...

Isn't unconditional love wonderful??!! I loved your post!

Beth said...

Well put! This makes me so happy!! Thank you Brent for making our Linds so happy!!!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14