Thursday, January 22, 2009

Great trip!




My voyage to Ohio for the weekend was very successful! It was such a great (short) trip. I had not flight delays or issues at the airport. Turns out, I am no longer afraid to fly! Molly picked me up and we headed straight for Mexican restaurant. We had half of a margarita (they were super sweet) and then left for her house, which by the way is absolutely amazing! I think my mouth dropped open at how pretty and nice her house is. Not only was it spotless, but everything looks brand new, up to date and just breathtaking. Add the fact that everything outside was covered in a blanket of snow. The road leading to her neighborhood is fenced in with those beautiful country wood fences (like at the American Village)and I think I got on her nerves talking about how beautiful it all was.


Once we got changed and freshened up, we headed to a resteraunt/bar called Rude Dog.

They just so happened to have karaoke, but not the kind of atmosphere you really want to do karaoke in. Crickets chirping b/c the crowd really just wants to watch the basketball game. So, that was a quick stop, and then to a place we heard was awesome! According to some we "might not see each other" it would be so crowded. Did I mention this was also karaoke? We were told to get there early. So, we pull up and see 5 cars in the parking lot. As we walk in there is a flourescent light shining in our faces to "set the mood" I guess. There were maybe 20 people in the whole place. We sang one song and jetted out of there.

Next stop- Mickey's. ALSO karaoke. Do you see the theme here? This place was actually the best. It was very crowded with nice people and there we also sang one song, but had a great time. Molly's sister so graciously left her own party to come pick us up and take us to here house to spend the night, since Molly's house is 30 minutes north of where we were. She was having "Game Night" and had several people over including snacks. It looked as if Molly and I hadnt eaten in days b/c we conquered the snacks with a vengence.

Sunday, we woke up and ate at Red Robin. (yum burger with an egg) Then we went to see "Bride Wars". It was very cute! There are some definate laugh out loud parts. It was fun.

Then we went to DSW so I could by some "snow ready" shoes, since I wore open toed heels on Friday night. Mlly quickly informed me that I was the only one in Ohio with opened toed shoes on. I think she was right.

Then it was time to get ready for SHOWTUNES!



I forgot to mention that Molly did NOT wear a coat out Sunday night. She "didnt want to keep up with it" Do you see the snow?? Yes, What??
We took a cab to Union Station where they play videos of 95% showtunes and 5% skits of some sort. It was AWESOME! You name the show and I guarantee they played a number from it.

This is "Popular" from Wicked
Some of MOlly's friends met us out there and we just had a great time. We ended the night by going to White Castle b/c Molly can't survive without late night food.

GREAT TRIP!!!

2 comments:

meredith said...

Reminds me of Monday Night Musical Madness at Splash in NYC. Glad you had a great time and made it back safe!

~Meredith

Emily Chappell said...

I'm SO SO SO glad you got to see Molly and sing with her. I know that does your little heart good.

That sounds like an old lady comment.

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14