Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sips N Strokes





So lately I have been really into Sips N Strokes. For those who aren't familiar, there is a local artist in Birmingham, Wendy Lovoy, that came up with this stroke of genius (no pun intended). She posts a calendar of paintings for every single night. You can sign up for whatever painting you like and for $25.00 you get the lesson, canvas, and all the paints. She basically teaches you step by step how to paint it all the while you are "sipping" your preferred beverage. This is usually wine, but I've seen a few beers slip in the mix. Brent went one time as 1 of 2 guys amongst 50 women. His was better than mine, no lie. Me gusta Sips N Strokes! Here are some of my masterpieces.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Hey my friend Bekah just started teaching one of these classes 2 nights a week up here. I want to take a class but haven't found the time yet.

Lucy and Jason said...

Next time I come to B'ham I've got to go to this place. It looks so fun!!!!!! LUCY

Anonymous said...

Man! I would love to go to that. If I come to B'ham, will you take me?

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. Colossians 3: 12-14